Dating fender champ silverface
The tube configuration featured a 5Y3 rectifier, a metal envelope 6V6 power tube, and a metal envelope 6SJ7 pre-amp tube.
The electronics produced four watts of sound into a Jensen 6” Special Design speaker.
Fender changed this to white/silver/black woven material in 1964. This added an additional watt to the power rating, bumping it up to 5 watts.
By 1964, Fender amplifiers underwent a total redesign to what is known as Blackface models.
Up through 1955 the amp was labeled as the Champion 600.Most of us are familiar with it due to the Chinese reissue.The 600, model 5B1 was a very minimalistic amplifier.In 1955, the name underwent and update to The Champ Amp and the model became the 5D1. Fender designated this model as the 5E1 until 1956 when it listed as the 5F1 model. This amp underwent some changes from the prior models.In 1956, Fender changed the look of its amplifier line. The most striking was the control panel now mounted on top of the amp was chrome plated instead of painted brown. The controls were similar to the other models; just a single volume/on-off knob, a pilot light, a 2-amp fuse and two inputs.
It came with only one control, a volume control that went from 1 to 12 and served as an on/off switch, mounted on the amps rear along with the fuse and pilot light, along with two inputs.